31 Jul AUGUST SOUTHIE OF THE MONTH, CLINT VAUGHN!
Name: Clint Vaughn
Family: Married 17 years to Sheridan (Smith), 4 kids: Hudson (14), Garrett (13), Austin (10), Brooklyn (6)
Length of time at TTS: Started in Dec. of ’16, so 19 months unbroken
Favorite program(s) at TTS: I love showing up, reading the board and strapping in for an hour. The warm up, strength and WOD is all I need.
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement? Being a college All-American and then getting drafted by Cincinnati in the 8th round of the ’98 MLB draft.
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness? I’d like to get better and dubs and muscle ups, but a successful week for me is showing up 4 times and doing the RX 3 out of 4 times.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most? Anything that allows me to breathe during the workout! I love the power cleans, snatches, jerks and even burpees. I wish I would have done these movements when I was a competitive athlete.
- What would surprise people most about you? I grew up in Edmond and my wife went to Jenks, but I have known my wife since we were babies. We never dated until college, but our parents were in college together and were friends back in the 1960’s.
- What is your favorite activity/hobbies? Coaching my boys, playing golf, traveling with my wife