29 Jan FEBRUARY SOUTHIE OF THE MONTH, LINDSAY CHISSOE!
Name: Lindsay Chissoe
Family: Nick Chissoe (husband)
Length of time at TTS: Almost 1 ½ years
Favorite program(s) at TTS: CrossFit
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement?
Any time I beat my younger brother (Matt Thomas) in a workout. Honestly though, being able to stop taking anxiety medication 9 months after starting CrossFit will always be at the top.
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness?
I would like to snatch my body weight this year.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most?
I love chippers and any workout that has heavy deadlifts or toes-to-bar.
- What would surprise people most about you?
Growing up I was very nonathletic and hated physical exercise. Prior to starting CrossFit as a college junior in 2012, my only athletic experience included 6 y/o rec soccer where I was quoted by my mother that my favorite part of playing was the snacks and trophy. After I realized I could eat snacks whenever I wanted and the trophy was just for participation, I took piano lessons for 10 years.
- What is your favorite activity/hobbies?
Well, CrossFit at TTS is a given. I also enjoy reading; I average about 2-3 books a month.