31 May JUNE SOUTHIE OF THE MONTH, JENIFER NOLD!
Name: Jenifer Nold
Length of time at TTS: 1 yr
Favorite program(s) at TTS:
Crossfit, Oly, Heavy Hour (Driskill rules always in effect) …all of them!
SOUTHIE OF THE MONTH
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement? Outside of crossfit, when I hit a homerun off of my older brother, which he conveniently to this day “doesn’t remember.” In Crossfit, learning to kip pull-ups….adding over 40 lbs to my clean…anytime I can beat Ryan at anything….
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness? I’d love to be able to do “kipping” burpees like Kevin. Become proficient at DUBs & all things gymnastics related.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most? Squats, Clean and Jerk, Deadlifts…anything with a bar really.
- What would surprise people most about you? I spent a month camping through villages in the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Africa. We camped with hippos, found ourselves in a standoff with two bull elephants, and just lived the African bush life. The trip culminated with a nice cultural dinner and tribal show by the locals. During the show, I was given a “special” handshake by a young man that I later found out meant we are to be married. So I suppose I have an African husband somewhere out there. And I love Michael Bolton, 1990’s mullet-haired Michael Bolton to be exact.
- What is your favorite activity/hobbies?
Newly found favorite hobby, bouldering. Love the physical challenge and the problem solving it requires. I also love hiking, volleyball, jet skiing, camping…anything outside! Oh and trash talking. 🙂