01 Nov November 2016 Southie of the Month – Hilary Penrod
Name: Hilary Penrod
Family: Nic (husband who just started CF on October 25), Ada (2 year old daughter) and two crazy dogs (Diesel, 8 year old English Mastiff, and Tank, 4 year old Neapolitan Mastiff)
Length of time at TTS: 11.5 months (it will be 1 year November 16)
Favorite program(s) at TTS: CF
SOUTHIE OF THE MONTH
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement? Climbing a rope for the first time. I really didn’t think I’d be able to do it, but Angie showed me how to use my feet on the rope to support my weight and up I went! Then I had to figure out how to get down, which was the scariest part! Then I had a bruise and rope burn to remember it for the next few weeks.
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness? There are a lot of goals I have, but I am really hoping to master double-unders this year.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most? I enjoy practicing handstands and attempting handstand pushups.
- What would surprise people most about you? I was in a body cast for nearly 3 months after breaking my left femur racing bicycles with my older brother when I was in 1st grade.
- What are your favorite activities/hobbies? Playing with my daughter, Ada, and hanging out with my husband and my family; watching OSU football; drinking craft beer (on occasion); and watching Dancing with the Stars and the Walking Dead