05 Mar Southie of the Month March 2017 – Maloree Hamel
Name: Maloree Hamel
My Parents (Mark & Marcelle Hamel) and Siblings (Ben & Wife, Marly and Colby & Wife, Delaney)
Length of time at TTS: 8 Months (Started June 2016)
Favorite program(s) at TTS: Crossfit
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement? My favorite achievement/memory is my very first day walking into T-Town South Crossfit. I never thought I would be able to do crossfit because I thought it was only for the super athletic/fit/intense athletes. My whole perception changed after I tried my very first WOD. I was so surprised by the amount of encouragement and motivation that is within one gym. We want each other to succeed and be the best version of ourselves. It has reminded me that you can do so much more than you realize.
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness? It is something my dad has told me from the beginning… “Outwork everyone and compete with anyone.” This is my goal to do this every time I walk into the gym this year. I always want to improve my technique and skills and to be able to do each WOD as it is written and to the best of my ability. Next year I am hoping to participate in the Crossfit Open.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most? For movement, I would say the deadlift. There is just something about lifting as much possible weight in that particular motion as possible, and because I recently hit my PR in the deadlift. 🙂
- What would surprise people most about you? I have snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, seen the Pope live in Rome, and climbed the rooftops of some of the oldest buildings in Stockholm, Sweden.
- What are your favorite activities/hobbies? I love to travel and explore new places. I also enjoy photography, being a part of my local church, and hiking.