01 May Southies of the Month May 2017 – Tom and Amber O’Stasik
Name: Tom and Amber O’Stasik
Family: Braden, age 10; Larkin, age 7; “Cletus the Fetus” – coming in June
Length of time at TTS: Since day 1. We joined the previous gym, Bellator in 2013.
Favorite program(s) at TTS: CrossFit
- What is your favorite athletic/fitness memory or achievement? Amber: Aside from watching Dinsmore at the 2014 Regionals, my favorite memory is getting 4th place in my first Crossfit competition (Crossfit Vital Newcomers) a few years ago. Tom: 2014 Regionals was awesome. When I first started crossfit in 2013, I literally couldn’t even overhead squat a PVC pipe. Last year I set my OHS PR at 185lbs. Lots of mobility work, strength training, and good coaching 😉
- Name one goal you hope to achieve this year at T-Town South Fitness? Amber: My goal this year is to continue working out up until the baby is born and then get back to the gym as soon as possible. I plan to immediately get back to counting my macros and get my body back. I’m actually looking forward to the challenge. I love seeing measurable progress. Tom: With a baby coming and a work schedule that will require more travel, my goal is to stay consistently attending classes and get back to a more regimented diet.
- What workout or movement do you look forward to the most? Amber: Foam rolling. Honestly, I really like overhead squats, pull-ups and rowing. Tom: CLEANS! HSPU and pull-ups.
- What would surprise people most about you? Amber: I ran 2 full marathons. Anyone who watches me run at CrossFit would find this surprising. I’m not built for speed. Tom: I traveled around the country playing professional golf for a living in my 20s.
- What are your favorite activities/hobbies? Traveling, volunteer work for CASA, meal planning, spending time with family, napping! Pretty much sums me up. Tom: Travel, golf, family, coaching, entrepreneurship